Infrared Saunas do it Better
Here at Iron Forged Fitness, we strive to provide Jacksonville area residents with a local gym that is not only full of friendly and attentive staff, but one that is also outfitted with the latest in person fitness equipment. We feel that in order to provide our members with the best experience possible, we have to provide them with the best equipment possible. On today’s post, we are going to go over one of our favorite pieces of equipment in the gym, our infrared sauna. While not a piece of equipment in the traditional sense, our infrared sauna offers many benefits to our members and, in our opinion, is superior to normal saunas. Why do we feel this way? Continue reading below to learn more!
What is an Infrared Sauna?
In the simplest of terms, infrared saunas are just like regular saunas, however, they also utilize infrared light waves to create heat within a person’s body, increasing the amount of sweat that a person produces and which releases more toxins. Infrared saunas come with many benefits of which we have listed a few below.
- Detoxification: For thousands of years, sweating has been one of the most effective ways for people to eliminate toxins within their body. As you sweat, impurities flow through your pores, eliminating toxins in a safe, natural way while leaving you feeling refreshed. While traditional saunas are a great way to detoxify, it has been found that infrared saunas allow people to sweat out up to seven times more toxins.
- Relaxation: For generations, people have celebrated the fact that saunas are a great way to help a person relax. Even before science figured out exactly how saunas caused people to relax, people would spend a short amount of time in a sauna and come out feeling calmer than when they entered. This calming effect is caused by an increase release in cortisol, the body’s primary stress hormone. Additionally, the heat from our infrared sauna helps to loosen tight muscles and ligaments, further causing our members to feel more relaxed.
- Improved Circulation: One of the greatest benefits to saunas is the fact that they increase blood flow to tissue, muscles, and vital organs. As the heat infiltrates the muscles, blood flow is naturally stimulated, increasing the amount of blood that is available to replenish muscles natural state. Infrared saunas, more so than regular saunas, help to increase a person’s internal temperature, further improving circulation while helping the body deliver oxygen rich blood to the muscles and organs. Additionally, research shows that consistent infrared sauna sessions help to improve muscle recovery, decrease pain, and mitigate the effects of inflammation after intense exercise. This makes an infrared sauna the perfect piece of equipment to utilize after an especially hard workout.
- Skin Purification: Who doesn’t want better looking skin? Infrared sauna technology has been shown to help purify human skin by eliminating toxins from people’s pores and increasing circulation. These two benefits combined help to boost the look of your skin, resulting in a cleaner, softer, and healthier complexion.
- Weight Loss: Looking to shed a few pounds before a big event? Want to kickstart your weight loss regimen by losing a quick 5 pounds? Because an infrared sauna works to increase your core temperature by a few degrees, it can actually help to increase your heart rate—the same increase in heart rate that people experience when exercising. As your body works to decrease its core temperature, it will burn more calories which results in weight loss. While an infrared sauna is not a replacement for working out, it is an excellent way to kickstart your metabolism and get the weightloss process started.
If you would like to learn more about our infrared sauna or any other details about our local gym in Jacksonville, please contact us today or visit our website. At Iron Forged Fitness, we are passionate about helping people achieve their weightloss goals and we are certain that once you experience our gym, you will never want to workout anywhere else. With the latest equipment, the best amenities, and 24-hour access, Iron Forged Fitness is your number one choice for physical fitness in the Jacksonville area